My mom made a healthy and absolutely delicious spicy sesame pasta salad with chicken and broccoli. She got the recipe from the back of a bag of al dente Spicy Sesame Linguine. Any dinner involving both al dente pasta and any recipe on the back of an al dente pasta bag is guaranteed deliciousness!
- ⅓ cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 12 oz. Al Dente Spicy Sesame Linguine (or Egg Linguine if you don’t want so much “spice”)
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florettes
- 2 red peppers, sliced thin
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp or shredded chicken, if desired
- Mix first 6 ingredients to make dressing
- Bring large pot of salted, boiling water to boil. Stir in pasta. Add broccoli. Cook until pasta is tender but firm, about 3 minutes. Drain pasta and broccoli. Toss with dressing, peppers, green onion and almonds. (Add shrimp or chicken if using). Serve hot or at room temperature.