After a light dinner, when you’re still feeling hungry, you can always make a quick batch of popcorn. But sometimes you want more than the usual salty, fluffy, kernels. In these moments, may I suggest, a popcorn that adds a flavorful punch to each bite, a popcorn with chili and lime?! With chili powder, fresh lime, and warm butter, in just 5 minutes, you can make your popcorn go from good to great. I made this buttery, spicy, tangy popcorn and couldn’t stop eating it! Blockbuster night just got better.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 3 tbsp (or even more) Stirling Creamery whey butter, melted
- 1 tsp (or more) chili powder
- ½ tsp salt (optional, if you find your popcorn isn’t salty enough from the butter)
- 2 pinches (or more) citric acid or the juice of a lime
- ½ (or more) lime, zested
- Toss together the popcorn with all the ingredients and thoroughly mix. Taste it and adjust your seasoning accordingly.