My mom’s Community Supported Agriculture Share (CSA) from Siena Farms is starting to come in handy and really open my eyes to some beautiful vegetarian cuisine. I got some freshly picked fava beans from Siena Farms, cooked them up and grated some fresh parmesan on top. The simplicity and delicateness of fava beans, along with the sharp taste of the parmesan reminded me of my trip to Siena, Italy.
- 16 Fava Bean Pods
- Olive Oil
- A block of Parmesan Cheese
- cut along one side of the long end of the fava bean pod and remove the fava beans, rinse well
- add fava beans to salted boiling water, two to three minutes
- remove fava beans from boiling water
- add to cold water to stop cooking process, then outside skins of fava beans.
- add fava beans to small bowls, drizzle olive oil, and top it off with freshly grated parmesan cheese