Coconut Cream Pie is delicious. Chocolate coconut cream pie, with fresh whipped cream and a toasted coconut, melted chocolate crust is heavenly. Adding toasted coconut and whipped cream to your melted chocolate makes your crust taste like a candy bar. You’re only seven steps away from pie paradise.
- 1 large bar of Ghirardelli chocolate
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Tb Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
- ¾ Cup Coconut
- 1½ Cups Milk
- ½ Pkg Coconut Cream Instant Pudding (3oz)
- ½ Pkg Vanilla Instant Pudding (3oz)
- Put coconut on baking sheet and place under broiler to toast. Stir with wooden spoon and watch carefully to keep from burning. Take it out when it is generally golden brown.
- Chop chocolate bar into pieces, place in bowl, then melt Chocolate until smooth in the microwave 30 seconds at a time. Stirring every 30 seconds.
- Remove the chilled mixing bowl from the freezer and pour in 2 cups of cold whipping cream. Whip until the cream thickens, about 1 minute; stir in the confectioners' sugar and the vanilla extract. Continue to whip until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- Stir ¼ cup of toasted coconut and 1 cup of whipped cream into the chocolate, then spread chocolate mixture in the bottom of the pie crust. Put the pie in the fridge while you make the pudding to let the chocolate layer cool. Also put the bowl of whipped cream in the fridge.
- Mix pudding mix and 1½ cups milk together until thickens into a pudding consistency, about 2-3 minutes.
- Take pie crust out of the fridge, and pour pudding over the chocolate layer.
- Take the whipped cream out of the fridge and top the pie with a layer of whipped cream and toasted coconut.