I was making grilled steak with pizzaiola sauce and needed an Italian, Mediterranean-style side side dish to go with it. Enter the roasted potato wedges! Potatoes to me always seem complicated to make but they really just take time. So give yourself about 45 minutes from start to finish, follow the recipe below to a “T”, and you got yourself some delicious spuds!
- 4 medium Idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, freshly chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Pat the potatoes dry and cut them in quarters lengthwise. In a bowl, toss the potato wedges with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the salt and rosemary. Arrange the wedges skin side down without touching in a heavy baking pan or two cast iron skillets. Bake until the potatoes are tender and well browned, about 30 minutes. Turn the potatoes once or twice so they brown and cook evenly. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the garlic, parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- When the potatoes are done, press each wedge gently so that it cracks in the middle, and then transfer them with tongs to a large bowl. Add the oil and garlic mixture and fresh pepper to taste. Toss gently but well until the potatoes are coated with the seasoned oil. Remove the garlic and serve hot.